- How do I donate appreciated securities through my broker?
How do I donate appreciated securities through my broker?
To give securities you can initiate the transfer through your broker and request that the securities be transferred IN “KIND” to RCCC’s brokerage account at Vanguard:
DTC #: 0062
Account #: 43814360
Account owner: Rutgers Community Christian Church
PO Box 1170
Valley Forge, PA 19482-1170
Please inform the Treasury department of the stock donation by one of the following ways, so that we can understand the purpose(s) of your offering and send you a tax receipt:
By postal mail:
Rutgers Community Christian Church
71 Cedar Grove Lane
Somerset, NJ 08873
Login to https://smile.amazon.com/ch/22-2327611 using your existing amazon.com account. Once you accept “Rutgers Community Christian Church” as your charity of choice, your selection will be saved with your account for future purchases on smile.amazon.com. Make sure that your selection appears on the page:
Please note that you will not receive a tax receipt for donations made via this program, as the donations are made by the AmazonSmile Foundation.
According to IRS regulations, mailed checks must be postmarked by December 31st in order count to as tax deductible contributions for that year. For bill pay, email, and credit card offerings, these transactions must be timestamped by 11:59 pm on December 31st.
For securities, these transactions must be completed and the securities received into our brokerage account by 11:59 pm on December 31st. Keep in mind that these types of transfers can take several business days or weeks to process.
The following information should be included with your offering so that your gift may be properly recorded:
- Offering ID (Required): email if you do not have an Offering ID or do not know your Offering ID.
- Name (Required if not already printed on your check)
- Address (Required if not already printed on your check)
- Email Address: for communication in case of questions.
- Purpose(s): indicate on the memo line or envelope where your gift should go if it is not a regular tithe or offering. For example, “Missions Fund”, or “Short Term Mission”. You may designate one or more funds.